San Francisco. Tony Bennett left his heart there. All others leave their senses upon entering.
On November 14, the City Council of that great and august city made circumcision illegal. Yes, you read that correctly. That great plague upon mankind will be eradicated by the city fathers and mothers of San Francisco.
Let's just think for a moment about the culture (an alien one) in which this is happening.
- This is the land in which the governor has declared that “nobody cares if you smoke a joint.”
- In this city homosexuality is not only tolerated it is embraced (I couldn't help myself) and celebrated openly.
- SF has declared itself a Sanctuary City. In other words, illegal aliens (lawbreakers) are given refuge
- The city has five abortion clinics listed in the Yellow pages and numerous doctors willing to perform abortions.
- Oh, and BTW, SF has banned "Happy meals" from that restaurant with the golden arches.
SF, proudly wears its label as "most liberal county" in the US. (NOTE: San Francisco is both a city and a county - all by its lonesome).
But the irony really is striking. As you may have noticed in the protest signs above, the call is to ban circumcision because the child doesn't have a choice in the matter. I guess I have to state that the child who is aborted doesn't get a large part in the discussion of that procedure either.
But, at least SF wasn't first in this altruistic quest. Massachusetts entertained such a bill in march (defeating it). Several Scandinavian nations already have the ban in place, with Denmark entertaining the issue soon.
It's a sad, sad world. Don't get me started on politics; or economics. Oy vey.